Saturday, April 4, 2009

DRAKE!

Okay I know I'm late, but I have a reason... I've followed Degrassi: The Next Generation since The N started carrying it. I remember watching marathons at my grandparents' house because they were the only people I knew with digital cable. I even watched episodes online for a while... So, I saw Aubrey Drake Graham as an actor. I always loved him on the show, so I hung on to that.

NOW I've seen the error of my ways :)

I've got all three of his mixtapes on order now... I've already got So Far Gone but I want them all. He's a mix of Wayne's rhymes, Trey's vocals, and Kanye's innovative spirit. However, there is really no comparison. He's his own artist with his own direction. You can tell his influences, but he's something totally different.

There have been a few rappers that make me fall in love with them through their music. The first was Travis of GymClassHeroes. The second was Kanye West. Now there is Drake. It's not groupy love either... It's artistic appreciation that feels like a deep connection that can only be compared to love... ♥ Thanks Josh! lol


Drake's Facebook

Drake's Myspace

October's Own: Drake's Label Blog


MY FAVORITE SONG *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment